Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that...

*gulp* I'm getting old.

I realized it yesterday as I was watching one of my favorite shows from my formative years, Daria. As I proceeded to insert the disc into the CD-Rom drive of my computer, my coworker (4 years my junior) inquired, "What are you watching?" In a matter-of-fact manner, I responded, "Daria."

Blank stare.

To my surprise, he'd never seen, let alone HEARD of the show. Stupefied by this, I decided to inquire about other shows that were out during the same time period.

Beavis and Butthead?

Blank stare.

Rocko's Modern Life?

Blank stare.

Hey Arnold?

Blank stare.

It dawned on me...It hit me like a sack of potatoes...It all became clear...(insert euphemism for sudden realization here): I AM OLD. I know that generations typically include individuals within 30 years of age, but could it be I just made the cutoff? In other words, am I grouped with people in the 20-50 age bracket? Apparently, I'm TOO OLD to be with the people < 20 years of age.

*Sigh* Pardon me while I step off my soap box and start monitoring my pension.

Until next time, remember: if you need to take a dump in a public place, layer the toilet seat with AT LEAST two layers of tissue.

- JC

No comments: