As a child, I heard the words "drawls" and "underwear" used interchangeably to describe undergarments. But there are some differences worth investigating...
Drawls tend to have a sexual connotation...
For instance...drawls are to be dropped (e.g. drop them drawls). You'd NEVER say drop those underwear; it just doesn't flow off the tongue like drawls.
Drawls also are sh*tted in (you sh*t your drawls, not your underwear), torn (she tore her drawls with me) and as aforementioned, dropped.
Underwear, however, are bought..."Honey, can you go to the neighborhood Wal-Mart and buy me a pair of fruit-of-the-loom underwear?"
But when Honey gets home with her husband's underwear and it's that time of night, she's gonna drop her DRAWLS.
Yes, I know, this vernacular can get ambiguous at times, so this is why I've reserved blog space for clarification. Until next time...when we drop them drawls, let's pick up the coats...
By the way, I bet Sarah Palin's daughter can give us a dissertation on droppin' drawls ;-)
1 comment:
I've NEVER thought of drawls as sexual AT ALL. I always got the connotation that drawls were droopy, skid-marked, granny panties. As in:
"I sweat through my drawls while the power was out after the hurricane."
Post a Comment